Question
Posted by: *** | 2003/03/28

Infection

Hello Doctor,

I went for a pap smear yesterday and the doctor found an infection. I am trying to fall pregnant. I please want to know if a person can still fall pregnant while you have an infection. We were trying this month ......can I assume that my chances of success are zero this month?

I also please want to know what causes an infection and how can I prevent it.

Many thanks.

It depends what kind of infection was found. The infections on pap smear are usually thrush or bacterial vaginosis which will not interfere with falling pregnant. These are usually related to a low immunity, but you need to check exactly what kind of infection it was.