Question
Posted by: ker | 2008/06/05

infant aanorexia

i have a two and a half year old that flatly refuses to eat anything, i have spoken to my doctor but he dismissed it, its now been going on for 12 months and i am getting deeply worried, any suggestions?

Dear Ker
I can imagine that you must be frantic that you child refuses to eat. Infantile anorexia can occur and is usually an outward sign of an inner conflict that the child is struggling with. I would recommend that you have your child assessed by a Paediatric Psychiatrist because he/she may need play therapy and/or medical treatment to help him/her overcome this problem.
Holding thumbs for you and your child.