Question
Posted by: nicci | 2008/01/21

Induction

Hi! I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby is still lying very high - is there anything I can do to make him drop? I really want to give bitrh naturally. Can I have an induction before he has dropped or must he already be in the birth canal? Thank You!

There isn't anything you can do to make the baby drop. If it does not, it is usually because it is too big. An induction can be started before the baby has dropped, but the success would be lower.

1
Posted by: SK | 2008/01/22

With my second baby I had induction at 39w, but she was not yet in the right position, after 5 hours of labour, they had to have an emergency c-section, because the labour stopped and she went into distress. I still regret not waiting another day or two. Best discuss it with your doctor, but my advice - be patient, they all come out eventually, when they ready. The longer they in, the stronger they are to face the world.
Good luck:)

Reply to SK