Question
Posted by: chinks | 2007/05/22

inducing labour-urgent

my Lmp was 26th august 06'.my due date is 2nd june 07'.according to scan the baby is 4 days ahead of the present week ie 39th week completed.i have no other problem BP normal.baby's weight is 3.5 kgs.doctor is insisting on delivering the baby tommorow by inducing labour.baby is still high and cervix closed .she says it is 20% dilated on doing internal exam.why she is insisting on inducing labour.is she keen on doing ceasarian if the pain or contractions dose not start.can i wait 2 days more as if the baby is 4 days ahead than also the date goes to 28th and tommorow is 23rd only.please guide.

I have no idea why your doctor wants to induce labour. It is certainly not because you are past your date.