Question
Posted by: anonomys | 2004/10/20

INDUCED ABORTION

Hey Gynae Doc!

I just went for an abortion, I had it induced and then cleaned out in theatre....I am bleeding badly now, please tell me how long this bleeding will persist for and what pain i will encounter for long?

Thanking you ever so kindly

If the bleeding is worse than a heavy period then you should go back. You may bleed for up to 10 days. The pains should settle in a matter of days.

2
Posted by: Liesl | 2004/10/20

Heavy bleeding after an abortion is definitely NOT normal. Where did you have it done? You need to have the wound cauterized where the placenta was removed.

Reply to Liesl
Posted by: anom | 2004/10/20

Hi Anonomys

i would suggest you either go to where you did the abortion or consult a gynae ASAP.
I now the pain you went through and now this.

Reply to anom