Question
Posted by: Sam | 2007/08/16

Indigestion

Hi Just a stupid question really.

Everytime I eat something I seem to experience Indigestion, Im not sure if it is inactual fact that.

After I have eaten I seem to get what feels like a huge ball of gas just in my rib cage, and I doesnt not go away until I eventually expel wind from my mouth. And this will take sometime until all the gas has been released.
This gas occures regardless of wether I chew my food sensibly and eat at a slow pace, or if I eat quickly.

Can you tell me why this happens? Can it become serious, and is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening.

Dear Sam
Try using Asilone gel or tablets just after eating? If you have a burning feeling in your chest after eating, you may need a gastroscopy to exclude a hiatus hernia.
See http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/Hiatus_hernia.html

2
Posted by: CD again | 2007/08/17

Yes Sam, extention of the esophagus by air or acid in the esophagus can cause pain. One should rather try and identify the problem and use the right kind of medication to prevent it or get an operation if there is a big hernia.

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Sam | 2007/08/17

HI CS

Many thanks for the responce but just need to ask is it normal to experience pain with the gas in my chest.

And is it healthy to take contineous tabs or gel to aleiviate this feeling

Reply to Sam