Question
Posted by: dependent | 2005/06/15

indepent

how do i become more independant. I feel that i am too dependant on my partner and i dont really have girls days out etc cause i'd rather be with him as we don't get to see each other that often due to family things. I wanna feel good without him and independent and when he goes out i don't wanna worry what he is doing and with who.

As with most other questions asking about this sort of broad but important aspec of how we interact with the world, the best answer is, almost always, to get into counselling and work through these issues, and learn new and more fruitful habits of thought. Allowing yourself to become too dependent on one single person makes you needlessly vulnerable, and can spoil this primary relationship itself