Question
Posted by: Diva | 2005/11/25

Incurable infection?

Doc,
For a year I have suffered with an infection where I would scratch myself until I bleed and sometimes tear. I have been to my gynae who said that I had a terrible infection and believes that I could have thrush as well as exzema. He prescribed a 7 day course of Sporonox which I have completed but I am still itchy and still discharge a yellow spoilt milk looking substance. I have not had sex in a year due to a non existant libido and the fact that I am constantly sore. My fiance has been wonderfully patient and understanding but I can see that it is begining to take a toll on him as well. What do I do?

I would suggest that you ask your doctor to take a swab of the discharge to see exactly what type of infection you have. It does not sound typical of thrush.