Question
Posted by: YCA | 2005/11/29

INCORRECT USE OF PAXIL (anti-anxiety)

My doctor prescribed Paxil 20mg after a hectic few weeks of anxiety and also a sleeping tablet (it looks like Alco Zelpiderm on the prescription) after countless sleepness nights. I am supposed to take half of it for the first 6 days and then resume to taking the full tablet. The first two days that I took the full tablet, even after taking my sleeping tablet before I went to bed, I just could not sleep. So, I have reverted to taking half of the tablet, will this really have any bearing on my "anxiety level". I do find that it is helping me quite a lot, I seem to be more placid with my children and actually negotiate at a quieter level, as opposed to screaming 24/7!
How long will it give me the headaches also, especially during late afternoon?

YCA, if half a tablet does the trick, you can stay on it. The headaches and other side effects will go away within 6 weeks. Good luck.

1
Posted by: mike | 2005/11/29

I found the opposite to be true, instead of sleepless nights I sleep like a rock but am tired alot during the day. Never had a headache or any other side effects. Just fatigue off and on during the day. It's not constant I'll be up and running then all of a sudden bam I'm sleepy. Dosage may have to be adjusted with your doctor everyone is different.

Reply to mike