Posted by: Jax | 2008/08/30

Evening Doc,

Hope that you can offer some advise. I am a 23yr old female and have suffered with incontinence since childhood. It has been very embarassing going through high school and college trying to cover up a wet pants or the smell of urine! Im now fully employed and i think its about time to do something as i cant stand the smell of my mattress any more! I just dont know what to do. Have done Kegal exercises and make sure that i visit the loo regularly, but my undies are always wet!

Please help! What are my options beside surgery?

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult a urologist, in order to find the cause for your incontinence. Once this is determined, treatment can be discussed with the urologist. Unfortunately, we do not know the cause and I am therefore, unable to provide you with any advice.

Kind regards