Question
Posted by: ninab | 2005/11/21

Incompetent Cervix

Hi ladies,Doc I lost my baby now in August this year due to a incompetent cervix,I am using Nordette now just get my body and cycle working again.I know with my next pregnany the gynae said she will give a stitch I would just to know when ,where and how is the stitch done,when is it removed and is any special precautions that I must adhere to ,eg no sex etc,etc.
This will be my last month on the pill.
Kindly Advise.

The stitch is usually inserted around 12-14 weeks. It is put around the cervix. This is done under anaesthetic. It will be removed at 36 weeks. You may have to abstain from sex initially, but probably not throughout the pregnancy, depending on how things go. The thing to look out for is discharges. If you do get an infection, this needs prompt treatment.

4
Posted by: ninab | 2005/11/24

Thanks so much Doc , we are planning for another baby next year ,will keep you guys posted and I enjoy the forum/chatline very much and keep on asking all those question ladies........

Reply to ninab
Posted by: ninab | 2005/11/22

Hi there I have no idea, I also" accidently " found out when I was in labour when the sister that helped me mentioned it , cause my gynae saw somethig "wrong" at my 18 weeks check up ,something that was "open " that should have been closed but instead of sending me for observation or any of the sort he gave 6 weeks to come back to him and the week just before my next appointment i went ito pre labour and I did not even know I was in labour still went his rooms and that's when saw what was happening and said out of the blue i had a UTI ,anyway ,this is what happened to me
and because it was my first pregnancy you are not so clued up especially if you are a healthy person and because my pregnancy was fine ....
So I am also still in the dark about this and what's making it worse I am batteling to get a report from him because i
went another gynae for my six weeks check up just to see if everything is okay ,just for history purposes.

Reply to ninab | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/12/13

T6ii

Posted by: ninis | 2005/11/21

Hi if u dnt mind me asking how do you get this incompetent cervix is it from having a laser or cone biopsy perhaps or are there other ways of developing it? can it happen to anyone? who is at risk?

So sorry to hear of your great loss, dnt worry it will be fine.

Reply to ninis