Question
Posted by: curious | 2008/01/08

Inactive pills is it wrong to skip?

please help I would like to find out I am on Nordette & every month I skip the inactive pills I am not sure if I am doing the right thing? Is it neccessary to take the inactive pill every month? Does it disrupt your menstrual cycle? Am I at risk of falling pregnant if I dont take these inactive pills?

You are not at risk of pregnancy by skipping the inactive pills. You should take them and have a period every 3 months though.

4
Posted by: ij | 2008/01/09

Nothing will happen if you skip the inactive pills. They are placebos and do nothing. The only reason they are there is so that one can keep track of ones cycle and you wont get confused with the rest of the pills

Reply to ij
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/08

Thats true but they might contain something to just help with your period, your body is used to these pills. I used to skip some of it simply also cause I reckoned they dont do anything anyway but i have found my period goed smoother if i drink all of them... Good luck.

Reply to LL
Posted by: curious | 2008/01/08

cos to my knowledge inactive pills are just that inactive they have no purpose.

Reply to curious
Posted by: SON | 2008/01/08

I am curious - why do want to skip the inactive pills?

Reply to SON