Question
Posted by: Riana | 2006/04/21

In Vetro

According to mt Gyno, my husbands sperms are 'not good'
- do not live long enough - is too few - is not correct vorm ect.

I want to know is there anything my husband can do / take to improve his sperms?

Dear Riana

Depending on the exact semen parameters, there are several different options available to correct the problem. Changes in lifestyle such stopping smoking and alcohol usage, together with vitamin and mineral supplementation is recommended. Alleviation of stress is also advised.
Finally it may be necessary to visit a urologist to exclude the possibility of a varicocele which could be surgically corrected. In some circumstances the use of hormone manipulation may be incorporated in the treatment to enhance spermatogenesis i.e. sperm production.