Question
Posted by: OneWay | 2007/05/18

In trouble

Even though i told myself that i was not going to drink i have and got home very late last night or morning which ever way u wanna look at it..i feel very out of control and very afraid...tried explaining to my therapist but it is just not being understood...the drinking is just part of it ..i have not eaten for the last 3 days am losing a lot of weight i am not sleeping unless i pass out...dont wanna go crazy..if i am in real trouble what do i do, cause i have a death wish but i dont wanna die

OK, let's start with the most importan thing you said : "i dont wanna die". Excellent. Then lets work from there. You need to explain this to your therapist clearly and unambiguously, including details of what you have done, and work on ways to feel more in cotnrol, to avoid drinking, and start eating --- you don't need to feel hungry first, nor to necessarily enjoy it, but you can no more run without food than a far can go without petrol. Fuel up, and work hard with the therapist --- you CAN get these things straight