Posted by: Concerned | 2008/09/12

In too deep

I' m really concerned about myself. I' ve been in therapy a while now and there are some really painful things that have surfaced from my past that are affecting me today. I was anorexic as a teen but I' m now experiencing some serious symptoms of anorexia. I just stopped eating and before I knew it, I was in too deep. My psychologist says she' s giving me a chance but it' s a serious concern now.

I know that I must start eating again but I am finding it extremely difficult. I am really anxious about eating and didin' t realise it until I was told that I need to start eating. I REALLY don' t want to go down that road and I know what I need to do. I just cannot bring myself to eat properly and I have serious discomfort after eating. It' s such a struggle but I know it' s not too late yet. The only thing is that I don' t feel that I can do this on my own but I cannot expect my psychologist to talk me through every meal I try to eat. Do you have any suggestions?

I don' t want my family involved - a large part of why I stopped eating was having to deal with my dramatic family and controlling father.

I also don' t have the money to go to therapy more than once a week so please advise how I can get the support I need to get better.

Maybe you need to be in treatment with someone who specializes in dealing with eating disorders like anorexia, as well as seing your therapist, as this often requires a more comprehensive approach.
Have you thought seriously about how little your eating ( or not eating ) actually has ANY beneficial impact on your dramatic family ? How you are apparently trying to evade a controlling father, by taking over his over-controlling role, and controlling your eating / weight / shape ?