Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2008/05/23

In Shock

my hubby has just been told that they are going to make him a senior manager in 3 - 6 years (he is 25). They want him to go study in 2 other countries. I cant go with him. I have 7 kittys 2 dogs quarantine in these countries is 4 months each. we dont know yet how long he will be gone.

im not sure what is going to happen to us. he could be gone for a year or just a ew months but either way this cant be good for a relationship

Startling but broadly good news, surely ? They need, to be reasonable, both to make adequate arangements for him and you ( and thus your family, including pets ) during these times spent abroad, and to clarify when they will be and for how long. If its a matter of months, you may decide not to accompany him -- or maybe go for part of the time, after he has settled in there, and make temporary arangements for the care of your pets.

9
Posted by: Pet mom | 2008/05/23

Anon,
I know... you are one of those people who bundle your dog in the car and drop him off next to N1 highway because you feel that he has become a burden.
Some of us see having pets as a life-long commitment and not something that can be passed on to the next person. We have lifes, do you?

Reply to Pet mom
Posted by: anon | 2008/05/23

Decisions decisions decisions...how bloody difficult can it be.
If youa re gogint o another country to better you guys life and probably only good can come out of it, WHY NOT . and we think we have problems in our life.....oops lets us not forget BUFF has animal issues. GET A LIFE WILL U !!!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Buffs | 2008/05/23

he wouldnt leave them alone either. Lucky for me he is much different from WHAT..

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Maria | 2008/05/23

Buffs, nobody can really judge the best thing to do here other than you and your hubby... what does he think about it?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Buffs | 2008/05/23

no your not understanding! he is coming back, he will only be gone for a few months, im not abandoning my cats when i will be back in a few months, I got pets I got them for life, not going to leave them just like that

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Maria | 2008/05/23

Basher's Mom... I have sympathy with Buffs, but you cannot equate kids to animals. And going with on the ship is probably not an option for them anyway.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Basher's Mom | 2008/05/23

I am with you on this one Buffs, and to W.H.A.T some of Buffs cats have special needs, its not about choosing an animal over a hubby.
A friend has 2 kids under 4 and her hubby is a captain on a ship and is gone for at least 4 months at a time, she copes - do not be fooled it is hard for them but they manage.

Reply to Basher's Mom
Posted by: W.H.A.T. | 2008/05/23

You chose animals above your husband?

He deservers someone who loves him more than their animals. Dont go with him he'll soon find someone in another country when he's all alone.

Some women!

Reply to W.H.A.T.
Posted by: Maria | 2008/05/23

Buffs, I love my animals. I have a horse and three cats and they are a part our family. But if my husband had to go abroad for months at a time and the only thing stopping me from going with was the animals... I would make a plan. Find them other homes, temporary if possible. Or find someone to stay in your house and look after them. Human relationships are always more important than animals, no matter how much you love them.

Reply to Maria