Question
Posted by: independantwoman | 2007/05/11

in-love with TAXI DRIVER

OH my goodness - I am in love with a taxi driver - I don't know what is wrong with me but for real now - a taxi driver? someone please knock some sense into my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

,,,,,

36
Posted by: Problem -solver | 2007/05/11

Good for you, take the lead and see what happens. Dont let a good thing go just because there are a few factors that are out of place. Treat him well and have respect for each other and hey, he might end up beign a fomula one driver. He has got skills after all :)

Reply to Problem -solver
Posted by: Problem -solver | 2007/05/11

So clearly if you thinking of suicide then this is not the man that can make you happy. You are the other woman you do not come first. If you thinking of ending your life just because of a man who lacks respect for you and his wife then that is just plain silly. Collect your thoughts, take time away from him and surround yourself with people and friends who love you. If this does not help i suggest counselling. Ending your life just for this is not the answer. You need to be happy thats what life is all bout. We spend time complicating thngs when they could justbe simple. You say you love him, but do you love yourself? ?? no i think let independent woman show you the ropes. she found love and is happy no matter if the brother is ghetto fabulous or not. Let go, its time to be happy.

Reply to Problem -solver
Posted by: Independantwoman | 2007/05/11

Ok you guyz, I am going to give it a shot with this guy and if he is an idiot then i'll boot him out of my life before he knows and if he is a gentleman who knows how to treat a lady then hey we'll see...

Reply to Independantwoman

Reply to Independantwoman
Posted by: BEEN THERE TRUS ME | 2007/05/11

Independentwoman What ever you say is TRUE, and I know but believe me In NOT easy for me as well especial when his with his wife, I cant sleep thinking of him the hole nite, what he does with me, His doing to his wife, some times I end up crying on my onw, I cant Controll myself. I wish I can, some times I even think of suicide.

Reply to BEEN THERE TRUS ME
Posted by: independentwoman | 2007/05/11

i see that this issue has taken a twist -anyway beenthere i hope that you know something about karma- and i hope you do not take joy in causing someone's misery 'cause what goes around comes around my dear. and once he is now officially yours you will never ever trust him because you know what he is capable of! hope that you are prepared for that - do you know that this woman does not sleep at night because of you? think about it my dear

Reply to independentwoman
Posted by: BEEN THERE TRUST ME | 2007/05/11

I love him for really I want him for myself and I know is not gonna happen, as his married for 25yrs, Im been honest here, I cant think of leaving him, we being together for 3yrs, his wife know, I want him to be mine. You rite you cant buy something that is already bought, But I cant leave him I LOVE him.

Mybe I need somethin to wake me up, I dont know what that can be, I dont see myself with other man except him

Reply to BEEN THERE TRUST ME
Posted by: Problem-solver | 2007/05/11

BEEN THERE TRUST ME, are you with this man because you want him for yourself, or do you enjoy the joys of being the other woman? being there for this man when the wife just cant do it anymore or cant be bothered??? be more specific of your situation.
In the end it all depends on what you want from him. If you just enjoy his company then there is not much to say. But if you actually want this man for yourself you are digging a whole. You can not take something thats is already taken, you can not buy something that is already bought. But you can find something that has been lost, Look deep within yourself and find your self respect. Then look at your married man again and ask yourself how much are you worth...
Best of luck

Reply to Problem-solver

What thing Promblem-Solver, I'm in lone with one?

Reply to BEEN THERE TRUST ME
Posted by: problem- solver | 2007/05/11

thank God he is not married. Cause married men are another thing all together.

Reply to problem- solver
Posted by: Problem-solver | 2007/05/11

I know men are so scarse but being inlove with a married man will only lead to disaster unless you are prepared to be the side kick. Forget family holidays, christmass and easter. If you are able to sacrifise that then go love your married man to your hearts content. Make sure each day is special cherish your time with him. Being a mistress is not hard, its easier then being a wife. You know where your man is when he is not with you. Its the wife thats is going to be full of worry. Keep in mind though that one day you will want a man all to yourself and when you do, be prepared for other woman like you who will be busying your man while YOU worry at night.

Reply to Problem-solver

no he is not married!

Reply to independentwoman
Posted by: problem- solver | 2007/05/11

Is the taxi driver married already ?

Reply to problem- solver

Problem-Solver, What you mean is as long as you INLOVE, even with the MARREID MAN? it doesnt matter as long as you happy?

Reply to BEEN THERE TRUST ME
Posted by: Gel | 2007/05/11

Thank you RMC, for clarity, what is your take on this?

Reply to Gel

proplem solver you just made me laugh - thanks

Reply to independentwoman
Posted by: problem -solver | 2007/05/11

always stand by your man and stand tall. These days is hard to find a man let alone one that is hiv negative. As long as he makes you happy and he has ambitions in life then go ahead. Please be sure it is love and not infactuation. cause when that wears off and you stuck with him you will start to hate his job and life style. I say go for it. love hard and love now for you never know when it will be all over.

Soulmates come in all shape and sizes, all colours and cultures and most of all gansta- getto or not its just life.
Ignore what people think. If the brother rocks your boat and gives you the occational free ride home- who gives a f^%k.
good luck and be safe

Reply to problem -solver
Posted by: RMC | 2007/05/11

Gel, CS just has nothing to add or say -- it is just his way of saying he has received the message

Reply to RMC

I am so relieved that my actions just confirm that I am human after all.

Reply to independantwoman
Posted by: L | 2007/05/11

I think this is the same as people when they say don't go out with a Nigerian/Foreigner coz they do drugs. The fact is not all foreigners do drugs.

Not all taxi drivers are bad. Having said that, you must just be extremely careful that the type u are interested in is ur type, and you have common interests.

Reply to L
Posted by: Lims | 2007/05/11

My uncle is a taxi driver a very notorious one, meaning very rude,wild and all that.
My uncle who is a taxi driver when he is home he is the most loving father,brother,uncle and every one adores him in the family.
when my aunt got married to him every one thought she could have done better. But today they envy her.My aunt and uncle have more taxis today. And a catering business.

point is those uncles and brothers and fathers that you see out there are people too,capable of loving and caring.They just have to look tough and nasty out there to survive.

Reply to Lims
Posted by: me | 2007/05/11

i live in sandton with my parents and i was involved with this guy from soweto who lived in a back room ok, and he knew how to do me - no man in the world can do me the way he did me, and because i was afraid of peoples opinions i just walked away from him, but whenever i want some action i call him, and i take my mini cooper to his backyard and hey i come out a happy woman.

Reply to me
Posted by: bootylicious | 2007/05/11

it's called "ghetto love" - where your man is just your man (other issues - we all face), get off your high-horse and go down town with the dood and who knows you might learn a thing or three...

Reply to bootylicious

you know to be honest - this guy just melted my heart - obviously I had the mentality of "you are not my type" and honestly I would like to believe that he is different! April your story just reminded me of my one friend that was in your position the only difference is that they owned this taxi together and they were/are still married, so such stories give me hope - i am still looking after all

Reply to independantwoman
Posted by: lover | 2007/05/11

Taxi drivers also need love! Not all of them are thieves, bad mannered, rude people.

My brother in law is a taxi driver; you should see him on weekends or when he is not working you will go gaga. He is a lovely young man. He is just not as privileged as the other brothers but he knows how to treat his woman.

I guess, it a choice, if u think low of taxi drivers then don’t look his way... I just think they are people and most of them are just frustrated ... nothing more nothing less.

Reply to lover
Posted by: Dreamgal | 2007/05/11

hey gal

I had guy who was a conducter.I know im cute and most of the guys use tell me so but dont ask me what gotten into me i use to just love him.All my friends use to tell me he is so dark and he is a gangster what the hell has gotten into u but i couldn`t care less what people said cos i was so in love with him

He had lots of girlfriends and knew alot of people 4 eg.taxi drivers and most of them were married and had more than 2 girlfriends.We have broken up and i realise that i will always love him no matter what but thats not what i want 4 me.Im glad to say that im in love again with a wonderful person and ive gotten away from him.He has now 2 children taking drugs and doing all sorts of horrible stuff.

So my point is please think real hard about your decision cos from what ive been through they are bad news.

Reply to Dreamgal
Posted by: Joy | 2007/05/11

Your mom wont be pleased! Thats for sure! And you know i just think about what my family and friends would think and measure it accordingly. Sure, you're folks arnt necessarily always gonna be pleased with the choices you make in life BUT, a taxi driver! No man! I like my men dark and dangerous too, but dangerous in bed ja!..not ghetto, as in i'm wondering 'who he's trying to mug in the middle of the night' -dangerous! My working man rocks my boat!! But if its just the sex you're after then i say go for anybody, regardless of education or status...if you're thinking long term, or you're at that age, where you know you're done with games, it's best to go for something everyone you love and have an influence in your life will also approve of. Everyone doesnt have to approve, but i think your folks and siblings are almost vital!! Whether we like it or not, thats the way it is.

Reply to Joy
Posted by: April | 2007/05/11

I known taxi driver who is evey close to my heart couldn't find work after completing his studies. We encourage him. Today he has decent job and car, married, manage his finacial very well. What makes him different he's a child of God.

Reply to April
Posted by: Gel | 2007/05/11

What is ur take on CS`s response? He does not want to get involve or he is puzzled?

Reply to Gel

i mean you do find those that are decent and have made a fortune for themselves and their families, who take their business seriously and are -hiv, he seems like that but i am not sure! what if we can compliment each other and hey it has nothing to do with standards love is love and my mind is not made up yet but i feel attracted to this guy and because of society and myself included we have a tendency of undermining people - but look i need other people's opinions on this one

Reply to independantwoman
Posted by: pretty | 2007/05/11

you know what - have you ever heard that these "not so educated men" know how to rock a woman's boat! Have you not seen an absolute beautiful woman going out with a rough gangster. and besides I love my men dark and ghetto-like

Reply to pretty
Posted by: Mind's made up | 2007/05/11

Well clearly since you're already thinking of condoms, it's a done deal! Just be careful! I think it's foolish though! Ge, you're asking whats WRONG with a taxi driver?? I'm thinking whats RIGHT with them!! but then i guess our standards differ!!

Reply to Mind's made up
Posted by: You know what? | 2007/05/11

..i can see this silly smile on your face and its not funny!!!
so stop entertaining this BS and find a hobby! I'm sure you're a beautiful, educated woman!..this is just stupid and you know it!

Reply to You know what?

I know that it's a huge "risk" but I condomise whether a guy is a CEO or Medical Dr - i don't care I use condoms but it's freaky man - i have never imagined myself with a taxi driver - you know what I mean?

Reply to independentwoman
Posted by: Gel | 2007/05/11

What is wrong with a Taxi driver? He loves you, he respects you and he treats you good. What does what he does for a living has to do with anything.

Reply to Gel
Posted by: Oh no! | 2007/05/11

girl no!! one of my friends did that, dated him and has aids now!
i'm not saying all of them have aids but please man, you dont know what he's getting up to during the day!
a man in the office (to some extent) is usually distracted from getting up to crap, at least for those few hours (in most cases)!
a taxi driver has the freedom to drive around all day long and do WHATEVER!

Reply to Oh no!