Question
Posted by: Abbazz | 2005/11/21

In-laws poblem

I have this vendetta against my in-laws I find it very relieving if not around them but that hurts my husband terribly. All I'm doing is protect myself emotionally and the distance has realy helped. I prefer to live my life wihout them I've tried to ignore negative thoughts I always have about them, I just go insane due to my husband always wanting to restore peace at my expense. What must I do to be happy and ignore their negative effect in my life?

mariage counselling perhaps ? Any chance of that ? At least bsome personal counselling for yourself, as it sounds as though you are consumed by this anger and dislike, een if they're not impressed by it

2
Posted by: Jules | 2005/11/21

This brings back so many bad memories. I had the same for 11 years of my life. Nothing that I did was ever right in there eyes. I was in the same situation and mine just got worse and worse. My husband died 3 years ago and then I cut all contact with the lot of them. There was no children so it was easy for me. I am sorry I don't hava any advise for you but don't let them get to you. I know this is hard but you will eventually find your'e answers within

Reply to Jules
Posted by: Sue 2 | 2005/11/21

I too have a very overbaring father-in-law. He used to drive me NUTS. Then about a month and a half ago he asked me to "lend" him R 2000.00. I gave him the cash, knowing full well that I would NEVER see the money again. Since then he has stopped calling me, smsing me those silly little things and basicalli he avoids me - maybe he is embarrased!!!! Ha!!
R 2000.00 may be alot of cash but at least I'm rid of him!!!!

Reply to Sue 2