Posted by: LOVING | 2008/12/10

IN laws

My boyfriend brought his sister and the brother at our place. the girl she 18 and the boy he is the problem is he wet the the blankets at night (dnt know the medical term for this).i knw for some is a sickness but for him is nt because if saying today we laugh at him that day he wouldnt we do.,he will wake up at night and go to the i told his brother that if he wouldnt stop do ing this he will not come and visit us. so now he is cross with me.and yesterday i overheard them saying that he took his his clothes and gave it to his girlfriend he started dating and next month he is going to high i told them to wash up the blankets that they sleep with so the brother say am mean to his siblings.was i suppose to just sit and watch or was i right?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

The medical term for bed-wetting is Enuresis and if you do a google search on that, you'll find a lot of material. 13 is a bit late for a child to be doing this --- maybe he is upset at moving to stay at your place --- kids often step back in their development when under stress, and may for instance start bed-wetting again, and then stop. Making him more anxious will probably increase it, not reduce it. YOu don't mention whether he has been bed-wetting all along, or if this just started again recently. If he has NEVER been dry, he should see a doctor, as there could be some urinary problem which needs to be sorted out. It is reasonable to expect the child to help clearn the bedding he soils. He should be sure to go to the toilet before going to sleep, and maybe even set an alarm clock to wake him every 4 hours or so at night, to get up to the toilet, maybe provide what in the old days they used to call a Chamber Pot (!) or Potty, a basin he can use to urinate in at night without having to go all the way to the toilet.
He should avoid drinking much fluid at night, especially if it has caffeine in it like colas or coffee, as this can encourage more urine formation.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.