Question
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/05/03

In-Hospital Arbotion

Hi Doc, 3 years ago I terminated my pregnancy while I was ten weeks old at Lister Building in Joburg & the procedure went like this: The Gynae gave an abortion pill & I waited for a while to be admitted to an Operation Room so that they can clean me inside instead of coming back in two weeks time to check if it went well. So last year I went to Brenthurst Clinic to do a Lapscope to check if my tubes are ok so that I can do an artificial insemination & the doctor found that my tubes are blocked & he recommended that I do an IVF but he made it clear to me that its 45% success which is not promising to me. So he sad the operation can be done to unblock my tubes but because I'm HIV positive it would make my CD4 count to be low. Please give me an advice.

The operation will not cause your CD4 count to drop, but there are risks of infection if you have an operation with a low CD4 count.

1
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/05/07

Thank u so much Doc & I'll try to up my CD4 count as its now on 450 & my VL is undetactable.

Reply to Lolo