Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2005/11/23

In her Shoes

Hey CS,

Have you seen the movie "In Her Shoes"...ok, it's a really girly movie, but I could relate to it completely. I'm Rose, and my sister is Maggie. Just even thinking about getting home yesterday to her clothes lying all around, and how like Rose, I hide things away from Maggie...and am forever having to keep my calm because "that's just the way she is, and she's your only sister" etc. I'm fed up about it all! I want to kick her backside out! The only thing stopping me is the love for my parents...eventhough it doesn't feel as though they love me by making me put up with her and making excuses for her...Aargh.
But she's my sister! And much as I resent her at the moment, I won't take badmouthing of her from anyone. "I carry your heart in my heart"... I'd thought very seriously about just packing up and leaving, moving to the other side of the world just to get away from them. But the fear of losing what I know is keeping me grounded. Just really had enough at the moment. I need to get away from them all.

I don't think I've come across this movie --- is it on DSTV ? If you've seen Secondhand Lions, I'm the lion.
I think, in the example you quote, far too many people use the "that's just the way I am" excuse to aoid necessary change. We are what we are, but how we behave is largely up to our choice.

3
Posted by: bb | 2005/11/23

Jemma u could b right she could be feeling that way because is holidays, but think about this it is holdiay time she should be enjoying herself too and having fun, but she aint she is still bothered worried about how things are going having to put up with her sister's irresponsible behavior throughout the year and including the holidays the time you are supposed to be having fun. she does not wont have time for her self and to have fun

Reply to bb
Posted by: bb | 2005/11/23

i feel for you girl. but think carefully about what you want, what you like, what is keeping you from achieving your ambitions. sometimes its not worth sticking around. but the fear of the unknown always hold us down. but the agony always is unending nerve breaking. we just have to be strong.

how about supporting and showing all that support love and care and all that goodness froma a very far distance? we still love them but we give them their space to juggle arond with life. their life. and we are giving ourselves some space to juggle with ours at our own capabilities, strenghts and affordabilities. think about it carefully share with us

Reply to bb
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/11/23

I might be wrong but I think the reason you feel this way is because it's almost Christmas (holiday season). It's as if everything is getting just to much this time of the year. I am sure you will feel better once the holiday season is over. If you can, why don't you go away for a while during December. I am sure you feel better after a break.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma