Posted by: Mina | 2009/06/01

In digestion

Please help. I noticed my indigestion 5 years ago. I want to know which food can I eat to improve digestion. I tried high fibres e.g weedbix with no success please help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Mina
If you suffer from true indigestion and heartburn, then you need to see your doctor so that he/she can determine if this is being caused by acid pushing up from your stomach into your oesophagus and/or if you have ulcers. In such a case, the dr will prescribe antacids and other medications to treat the condition. If on the other hand you suffer from bloating, winds, abdominal swelling and pain, with constipation, then you also need to get a diagnosis from the dr. If you in such a case suffer from irritable bowel disease (IBS), there are also medications that will help. So until we know which type of stomach/bowel problem you are suffering from, I can't really prescribe dietary changes. If you have acid reflux then click on 'Diet' at the top of this page to access the 'Diet section of the Health24 site' and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read article 195 on 'GASTRO-OESOPHAGEAL REFLUX DISEASE (GORD) & DIET'. For information on IBS, click on ‘Diet’, ‘You are what you eat’ and “Healthy GI tract’, to read about healthy practices for your colon.
So let's first get a proper diagnosis and then we will know what to do about your diet.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.