Posted by: sleepless | 2010/01/13


my husband battles to keep an erection. please can you explain to me what it means to be impotent?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

difficulty achieving and maintaining an erection points to erectile dysfunction. your husband should consult with a general practitioner or sexologist to identify any medical or psychological conditiions that may be causing this difficulty. the sooner he seeks treatment, the better. Causes of erectile dysfucntion include cardiac disease, thyroid disease, prostate problems, endocrine abnormalities, depression, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, to mention a few. Therefore it is very important to exclude or identify these problems and treat appropriately. due to the strong association between erectile dysfucntion and cardiac disease, your husband is a cardiac patient until proven otherwise.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: sleepless | 2010/01/14

well yes he has been to see a gp and they have done all sorts of test but nothing help, not even viagra.believe me all tests are done.
just wondered what is the prognosis when you have tried everything and nothing helps, does that mean you are no impotent and thats that.

Reply to sleepless
Posted by: Ken | 2010/01/14

There is a lot that can be done for erectile dysfunction, but he must have the reason for it checked out by his GP

Reply to Ken
Posted by: buddie | 2010/01/14

There is a lot of"  things"  that can cause it, does he have high/low blood pressure,if so the pills can be the cause.Is he overweight,does he excescise,does he have a hart problem.The best is he must go and see a gp or get to a mens clinic.

Reply to buddie
Posted by: bulla | 2010/01/14

viagara is the best to keep erection.

Reply to bulla

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.