Question
Posted by: Roki | 2008/01/09

Important info for weight loosers

here with the Golden rules for effective weight loss and weight maintanance:
1. do not eat any refined carbs, e.g., corn flakes, rice crispies
2. Avoid sugar at all costs
3. Eat full grain cereals, e.g., millet, quinoa, oats, etc
4. Eat fruits
5. Eat vegetables, raw and cooked
6. Drink water, 4 litres
7. Excersize
8. Eat at least 6-8 times a day to keep the blood sugar level balanced to that you don't crave.

I've lost 35 kilos because of this. these principles work. its about developing a sound nutrition approach. i've reduced dress size from size 42 to 30/32 over a year and half.

it was hard in the beginning but now it got better with time. All the best!

Dear Roki
Congratulations on losing 35 kg - you are a bright shining ***star***. Thank you for sharing your recipe for weight loss, which I agree with except that I would add "Reduce your intake of fats and fatty food" and I would not recommend drinking 4 litres of water a day because this can lead to electrolyte imbalances. Although drinking water is a good practice, it should not be overdone because important minerals like potassium, sodium and magnesium are washed out of the body with excessive water intake. By all means insure that you ingest 2,5 litres of liquid a day, but be careful of 'water intoxication' if you try drinking 4 L per day.
Keep up the good work and well done once more

3
Posted by: N | 2008/01/10

Thanks for this, will definitly start with this new "diet" that you are recommending. Any other titbits, that you can recommend? I have a thyroid gland and have gone from a nice 36 to a not so nice size 40. Poor me !!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this !

Keep well
N

Reply to N
Posted by: Roki | 2008/01/10

Hi Y

Believe me the 4 litres is the way to gos. i've done a lot of reseach around it. Do it for 3 months you'll the difference. They say that its enough to cure any disease. It works wonders. My 3 close friends are doing the same without changing their eating habits or excersizing, guess what? They've lost a lot of weight...

Reply to Roki
Posted by: Y | 2008/01/10

I agree with you Roki, on most of the points - since the same rules seem to be working for me - although I still have about 20 kgs to go.

I just disagree on the amount of water you recommend. Dietdoc has many times on this forum said that one shouldn't drink more than about 1.5 to 2 L of fluids (inlcuding water, tea, milk and other non-sugary beverages) per day - definitely not 4 L!

Reply to Y