Question
Posted by: ASHLEIGH | 2006/08/01

IMPLANTATION / PROGESTRONE

HI DOC, PLEASE REFER TO OUR CORROSPONDENCE ON 591 & 627. I HAD A PROGESTRONE TEST ON DAY 3 OF MY NEW CYCLE AND MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS 0.7, HE SAID THIS WAS NOT ABNORMALLY LOW FOR THE TIME IN MY CYCLE AND DOESN'T RECOMMEND PROGESTRONE.

IS THIS A LOW READING? AM I CORRECT IN BELIEVING THAT I COULD HAVE CONCEIVED BUT DUE TO THE PROGESTRONE LEVEL, IMPLANTATION COULD NOT TAKE PLACE.

PLEASE HELP

Dear Ashleigh

For the progesterone level to be 0.7 on day 3 is an accepted normal level. The best time to evaluate progesterone levels is between day 18-25 of the cycle, as this is when progesterone plays an important part in the implantation process and the maintenance of a pregnancy.