Question
Posted by: sanam | 2005/07/19

implantation bleeding or period?

I am TTC and last month started charting my BBT. My previous cycle began on 21 June (day1). On day11 (1 July) I got a clear slippery discharge. On day12 (2 July) I got ovulation pains (BBT 36.13C). On day16 (6 July) my BBT rose to 36.54C, indicating that ovulation had taken place. We had sex on days 11 to 14 (1-4 July). On day24 (14July) I started brown spots which continued until day27 (17July). Normally I have brown discharge for 2 days before I start to bleed. On day27 my BBT also dropped to 35.99C. I read that BBT dips when implantation takes place. On 18July I had heavy bleeding and today (19July) it went back to dark brown discharge. With a period, I bleed for 3 days and then get dark discharge. How do I know whether this is a period or implantation bleeding? I have a normal regular 28day cycle and probably ovulated on 4July (day14). From day 24-27 I had lower abdominal cramps which I don't get before my period. If this is a period, why is it different this month?

The only way to know if this is a period or implantation bleed will be to do a pregnancy test.

1
Posted by: Carine | 2005/07/19

Could be an implant bleed. Mine was more or less the same with my first pregnancy. Just remember that healthy couples could take up to a year to conceive. It sounds as if you did everything according to the book! Good luck! Carine xx

Reply to Carine