Question
Posted by: peanut | 2007/12/11

implantation bleeding

Please can someone tell me when and why implantation bleeding occurs?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and had some very light bleeding over the weekend which sent my racing to the doc. The gynae did a scan yesterday and said everything was 100% and told me to come back in 4 weeks.

I was under the impression that implantaion bleeding occured much earlier (before you even know that you are pregnant?)

Thank you for your time!

In some women there is a bit of bleeding as the fertilised egg burrows intot he womb lining. This occurs round about 10-12 days after ovulation, so a couple of days before the expected period. So your bleeding is not due to implantation.

1
Posted by: top cat | 2007/12/11

hi there
some woman get a light bleed at the time that their period would have come, so it may just be that.
congrats on being pregnant

Reply to top cat