Posted by: TRACY | 2008/08/19

I have always been into sport and at 16 began weight training. I' m 32 now. At the beginning of this year my shoulders began to hurt after chest, biceps and anterior delt workouts  also I was waking up in the morning in such excrutiating pain I sometimes ended up in tears. I have long hair and finally just ended up pulling it back into a pony as blow drying it made my shoulders ache endlessly. I have tried to diagnose the problem but cannot work this out for myself.

What do I have and what do I do? I have rested my shoulders for 4 months now but I' m growing impatient to train them again

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Tracy.

Shoulder pain in a female your age can usually be due to causes like the following:

- calcific tendinitis
- thoracic outlet syndrome
-impingement and others.

Look at our website and specifically at "Shoulder Pain" as well as the mentioned conditions.

if you have not been able to make the diagnosis you may have to consult a professional to aid you in the process of determining what exactly the cause of your symptoms is

Dr Joe de Beer