Question
Posted by: Supachik | 2005/07/19

Impantation

Hi Guys,

Any idea how long after ovulation implantaion takes place on average I mean...

Finace and I made the most fantastic love last night, and I know I am ovualting today... If the egg only lasts 24 hours, and the sperm can take up to 12 hours to reach the egg... Lets asume I started to ovulate this morning, and the sperm took 8 hours. Then at around 4:30 this morning implantaion might have occured. So how long would it take for implantaion bleeding to start (if at all) and how long does it last?

Sorry I know it sounds very jumbbled...

Supachik

PS. Paris I agree with Samantha, take the panties off and let everything hang out... If not better for Seth at least more comfortable for YOU!

About 10 days. Fertilisation occurs in a few hours. Implantation occurs 10 days later.

4
Posted by: Jessica | 2005/07/19

Something amazing could be happening today, fertilizasion could be happening today,

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Supachik | 2005/07/19

Bummer...

After last night I really thought somehting exsiting would happen today! Now I have to wait till next week :-( Oh well you have to admit, the best part about TCCing is TCCing!!!!

All the best to all of you!

Supachik

Reply to Supachik
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/19

Implantation only occurs approximately 10 days after fertilisation of the egg. The egg still travels down the fallopian tube.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: pie | 2005/07/19

Hi supachik,

As far as i know, implantation only takes place 5 to 10 days after fertilization. The egg has to travell down the fallopian tube and into your uterus. Only then will implantation occur. At this stage implantation bleeding can occur, but it doesnt always happen to everyone.

Hope this helps.

Pie x

Reply to pie