Posted by: michelle | 2002/12/04

impacted bowl problems

child, boy 10 yrs has impacted bowl problems how can he be helped?

he suffers from constipation and impaction.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Michelle, it all depends on the cause of the problem. The best would be to look for a cause and treat the cause, rather than just trying to treat the symptoms. If the impaction is severe, he will probably have to have an enema. Another option would be to try something Dulcolax® suppositories. After that you can use a stool softener like Duphalac® daily to prevent it from happening again.
The best would probably be to have a paediatrician have a look at him, as there are a couple of serious disorders that may present with constipation. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.