Question
Posted by: Jem | 2006/07/25

Immune booster

Good morning, I just want to find out how safe a Berry Globan (sorry not sure about spelling) injection is and how it work.

Jemmie

Hi Jem
Beri-globin is basically gamma-globulin - a type of antibody that prevents infection. Except for a possible allergic reaction it is fairly safe - I've never had any problems with a patient when giving it. However, it must be kept in the fridge and if you give it cold its very sore. The patient must hold it in their hand for a few minutes for it to just get to body temperature before it is injected - it is a biggish volume too 2,5 ml in kids and 5 ml in adults.