Posted by: Anon | 2008/11/05

Immature Mother

Hi doc, my mother is just too irritating. See she grew up the hard way &  never had what we have today but that pride of hers makes her a monster &  can never bring her down to earth. She doesnt like my bf &  doesnt want us to be together,she keeps telling lies about him &  it i fight with him &  i hate that b.coz its all lies. She refers to us as Dogs, she always insults me b.coz i dont have accounts at top shops like her, she says i buy cheap line stuff. She calls me stingy, i cant talk to her about anything then the whole of factory where she works has to know about it. I tried talking to her but she rubs the past in my face with is like emotional torture, i wrote letters to her but it doesnt work. She tells people sad stories that my bf &  i put her through alot when i we didnt even do anything. She cant be a mother for once its always about pride &  i ahte that. My whole family hates my bf &  therefore pushed me away so i have no1 but him. I dont eat at home b.coz i once asked if the food was ready &  she started swearing for that so its basically i just sleep there. My bf wants me to move in with him but we not married yet &  in our culture its not right to move in with a guy if we not married so i dont know what the hell to do. I have reached a point where i wanna make suicide my best option but on the other hand i dont wanna leave my bf, the only person who actually loves me. My dad....well his step so i dont get any sympathy, he encourages my mum to do this so ya for a 19 year old my life is pretty f*ked up

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Why are you enabling her to interfere if you are happy in your relationship with your bf ? I didn't gather whether you live with her ( which would make this much more difficult ) or not. But why not increase your distance from her, seeing les of her and making it clear that you have no wishj to spend time with her unless she curbs her criticism and lets you enjoy being with her. If you do live at home, why not urgently find a way to move out and be independent, maybe even sharing with someone you know from work ? Suicide must not be considered an option.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.