Question
Posted by: Imago | 2007/02/20

Imago Relationship Therapy

Does anyone know anything about Imago Relationship Therapy. I am looking for information around couple's therapy

It is not a method with ANY good evidence for its efficacy, and is not recognized by the appropriate major professional bodies --- its a set of unproven theories, and one of the more proprietary and fashionable rather than effective methods.

3
Posted by: HomoeoPsych | 2007/02/21

Hi Imago

Have a look at the website imagoafrica dot com for info iro the approach, therapists that are trained in Imago, as well as couples weekends using this approach

Go well!

Reply to HomoeoPsych
Posted by: Imago's husband | 2007/02/21

Hi HomoeoPsych, thank you very much for the feedback. Thank you to you too CS.

HomoeoPsych, can you share the details of the colleagues of yours that use among others the Imago intervention?

Reply to Imago's husband
Posted by: HomoeoPsych | 2007/02/20

Hi Imago

As far as I know, training in Imago therapy in SA is availible only to appropriately trained psychologists, social workers & similarly qualified professionals. This being the case, I have absolutely no idea what CS means when he states that this approach "is not recognized by the appropriate major professional bodies". I am not aware of any "professioanl body" that formally "recognizes" any form of therapeutic intervention.

What I do know, is that a number of my collegues - many of whom are very experienced in marriage therapy - are extremely excited by Imago therapy & find that they have extremely good resl=ults from this approach.

Imago proceeds from the assumption that couples are drawn together by mutual need & because they have the potential to assist each other in growing & resolving maturational deficits. The approach teaches a wide variety of communication strategies that help in resolving conflict and facilitating personal & relationship growth.

Go well!

Reply to HomoeoPsych