Question
Posted by: Carol | 2005/11/20

Im struggling

Morning CS

I have been really struggling to control my moods the last few days ... My OCPD boss is driving me beserk.

It started with having to analyse post!!!!!! ( Im a qualified bookeeper & have worked in senior positions for 15 years , I have helped make major company decsions) and now it would seem as if the highlight of a normal day is to read and reread addressess on postal items to him over the phone until I can cheerfully shove thm down his throat.

Its funny that at the interview I did explain quite clearly who and what I am , and that I need to have challenges , and that I can manage perfectly well without being babysat , and that im more than capable of making decsions!!!

His constant wanting to check everything is truly going to drive me mad , apart from making me feel totally incompetent.

I have also been begging him to sit down with me and have a chat for 2 blasted months and he is always to busy !!!

What is staring to worry me tho .. is my extreme level of frustration about this issue ..... am I fooling myself that I can manage being bipolar without meds ?? or is his behaviour enough to drive normal people mad.

If at least I could talk to him about how I feel I would feel better ....

Morning, Carol,
It sounds ominously as though your OCD boss is decompensating and unravelling. But hey, you said at the interview that you need to have challenges, and he's providing you with one ! Do recognizae the extent of his psychopathology. It probably has nohing whatever to do with whether you need babysitting or supervision, but with his overpowering need to babysit and supervise. So don't let any of this make you feel inadequate --- it's about what makes him feel secure, not about you. And similarly, it doesn't say that you're managing your own problems badly --- any normal person would be driven potty by such an obsessive. It is HIM who is folling himself about being able to cope without meds.
How about, instead of begging him for a time when you can sit down, offer him a choice of two times, and ask him WHICH of those times would suit him best. ?