Posted by: Kego | 2008/10/06

Im starving

Hi, I recently had a baby and i looked huge. my son stopped breastfeeding at only 1 month and I started starving myself hoping to loose the fat. I started feeling really tired so I started eating again. for breakfast I have 2 rice cakes with cottage cheese spread and lots of water no tea/coffee etc. For lunch I' d have cooked meal but smaller portions and for supper I have a full meal again. So by the time i go to bed im so full and feel so huge and i just want to bring up. i cant take this anymore, im really frustrated. the minute i smell cooked food i just want to eat. I need a realistic diet...that has meat and fish and all the goodies. i dont eat any sweet things though not even sugar in my tea. im now a size 32 and i hate it!!!!! Please help. I do sit ups every day to try and loose the tummy but i dont see any results. what is wrong with me? : (

Dear Kego
Congratulations on the birth of your son. Some women do unfortunately gain a lot of weight during pregnancy and then struggle to lose it. Don't try starving yourself because this can sabotage your attempts to lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Doing aerobic exercises for at least 30 min a day will help you to lose weight all round and then you can still do the tummy tightening situps increasing how many you do as you lose weight and get fitter. Give yourself a chance to recover from the pregnancy - that lasted nine months, so don't try and lose all your weight in such a short time that it exhausts you. Also ask yourself if you may be suffering from depression. Post-partum depression is relatively common in women after giving birth. If this should be the case, then discuss this with your gynae or the dr who oversaw your pregnancy.

Posted by: Katy | 2008/10/08

you are ungrateful , most people would die to wear size 32 and you complain about wearing size 32 ? get real , unless you wanna look like Nicole Ritchie and thats not attractive , its DISGUSTING .JUST FOR ONCE BE GRATEFUL YOU WEAR A SIZE 32 .Most women NEVER get to wear that size after giving birth .count yourself lucky .

Reply to Katy