Question
Posted by: avril | 2004/10/29

im i too apologetic

please help, when i was pregnant i was very unfriendly or perhaps rude to my friend. if he greets, i would just wave and go. sometimes i was avoiding him.
now i want to write to him and ask for forgiveness, my other female friend thinks that its not necessary and that im too apologetic but i feel that it has to be done. even if the apology is 4 months late.

he is a really nice guy, we used to go out together for movies or pizza and he also gave me excellent advice on my finances. moreover, i would like to keep him as a friend because i realised that i could learn a lot of things from him.

i want to tell him that he must bear with me, because my hormones were playing with me.

what should i things can i add to the letter?
i writing because he moved to another town, otherwise i was going to tell him face 2 face.

please help

Maybe compromise --- write and apologise, because you feel like doing it and not because you have to --- and without grovelling or overdoing the apology. If he's the nice guy you say, he should realize to make allowances for those hormonal effects. Tell him the nice things you've said about him here, and suggest another pizza and/or movie get-together

Posted by: Chelle | 2004/10/29

Tell him that you are sorry about the way you treated him, that you miss him and that you would like his forgiveness so that you can continue the friendship. Tell him what the friendship means to you and what he as a person means to you. - almost all the stuff you have written here anyway.
Even if he doesn't accept the apology, you will feel better for having cleared the air.

Reply to Chelle