Question
Posted by: The Old Wings | 2007/12/05

Im gonna scream!!!!!!!!

DEAR CS

Ok well the last time we chatted I was unsure about my fiancee and his drinking. That was over a year ago, and we have since split and I have moved back home. Since moving home I also weaned myself off my Lorien, that hasn't been easy lately with all the crap I've had to deal with and I'm starting to think that maybe all those years on it was actually helping me cope...

My problem is this:
I have been working in a family business that I have found incredibly unstimulating seeing as everything is very slow here in Durban (was in Joburg for a couple years). I love the fast paced life of Joburg. To cut a long story short my plan was to return to Joburg where most of my deep friendships are, but my brother in law has reconsidered my position, offered me a company car and a petrol allowance every month, with a small R500 increase.

With all this said and done today is my first day back at the family business and I suddenly remember why the hell I left in the first place, I'm so bored!! IM WONDERING IF IM LAZY, what is it that I want??? I mean I have all these bonus features but I still sit here frustrated. If I go back to Joburg then I have to share my boyfriends car, and live in a new area with one of my best friends?? It seems that I've had it all given to me suddenly but I'm still unhappy.

Doc I've felt depressed, cried miserably and questioned my sanity over the last few days, trying to make a decision whether to stay or go back to Joburg....it's been tough especially on my new relationship...can you offer any advice cause I"m really wishing Lorien would help take the edge off....and that I would be hectically busy as promised (but yet to see).

The old Wings

Hi Wings, old or new,
Lazy people don't find a slow place of life or a peaceful workplace disagreeable ! Materially this new position sounds promising, but maybe you need to look for ways of enriching the work experience as they say --- explore whether there are areas of extra responsibility and actvity you could undertake at work which would make it more stimulating for you, and new activities in private life, volunteer work ( hey, that even boosts your endorphins !), hobbiies, whatever else blows wind beneath your wings.

1
Posted by: The Old Wings | 2007/12/06

Thank you Doc!

Reply to The Old Wings