Posted by: cereal killer | 2007/02/14

im goin crazy

I've been so ultra angry lately. at my husband for not sorting anything out, at everyone for not trying to understand me (that shrink who wanted to give me pills for crying over being rejected emotionally/sexually by husband, that damn shrink who said he cant handle my tears and acted like my husband didnt have an erectile problem or a psychological one)
even now when he is trying to make it work (by giving me gifts only, still not going to the GP - still not being honest with a psychologist about his problems) I go out of my mind and tear it up, throw it away, yell and shout..
I hate who I've become.
Maybe I resent him, for not sorting himself out, for taking so long - being selfish and not thinking about what i was going through at all. he put his life first, his career.
and maybe, i made him more important than me. thats why i couldnt cope at college, because i didn't matter to me if i didn't matter to him.

I need to stop being resentful and learn how to control my anger and pity, with an understanding psychologist who doesn't want to give me pills for everything!
if anyone knows of such psychologists in Durban please let me know
and if there are any tips on how to do that on my own i would appreciate it.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If the guy can't handle your tears, he isn't fit to be a shrink. That's like being a surgeon who can't bear the sight of blood. Sounds like a psychologist ( they don't always realize that the fact that they can't prescribe drugs is often an advantage ) of the CBT form, could help far more. Focussing, as you suggest, on self-esteem, more efficient focus on your own needs, and anger control, in part so as to be able to use all the energy presently consumed in anger, more usefully and fruitfully. Maybe the Anxiety / Depression support group and/or FAMSA locally could guide you to some suitable CBT oriented psychologists.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Delene | 2007/02/15

cereal killer, since the first time you posted, still under your previous nic, I have been following your story.

I always look out to see if you post to see if there is any improvement, hope, something. I must admit, that it is so dissapointing to read that things did not really improve & that you still are not happy.

I do not know what advice to give you. I just wanted to tell you that I always think of you & I really so hope things will change for you. And I am looking forward to the post where you will tell us you are happy!

All the best to you

Reply to Delene

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.