Posted by: sammysamerson | 2007/02/20

im fat what do i do????

well im 18 n i think that i am over weight.... i am 5,9 n i am 200 pounds am i over weight or am i exagerating what do i do??? can u help mi

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear Sammy
Your present BMI = 29,4 which is in the overweight range, so it would be good if you could lose 13 kg (29 pounds) to get back into the normal range. You are the only person on earth who can do something about this problem. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). At your age you should have the energy to achieve a great deal with exercise.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.