Question
Posted by: LOL | 2008/01/16

Ill after birth

My son is now 5 months old, after his birth I felt fine, but in the last two months I've been feeling weird. Lately my sugar falls allot, in the morning I am so shaky and can hardly stand up, I feel like fainting, if I walk (not that far) but at least 500metres or walk stairs or run say a 100metres, then I get heart cramps and a burning sensation in my throat. When I swam on New Year I had an awful pain at those two bones than runs from your pubic bones into your legs. I lost allot of weight, so much that I am actually thinner than before I got pregnant (with 1kg). I feel as if I don't have enough muscle to carry my son for a while, after about 5min's I have to put him down. Could this all be due to my pregnancy? Could it be because I didn't take supplements while I was breastfeeding? We want to start with the second child and now I don't know if I should wait till I am better.

You should see a doctor. It may be that you are anaemic. You should not plan another pregnancy till this is sorted out.