Question
Posted by: WANDE | 2005/01/12

IF I HAVE RAISED PROLACTIN,HOW CAN I GET PREGNANT

HAVING A RAISED PROLACTIN ,PEOPLE SAY ITS CAN STOP ME FROM HAVING MORE BABY.
COULD IT BE RESULT OF PROZAC AM TAKING
WHAT CAN DO TO HAVE MORE BABY

MY FIRST IS 3YEARS

THANKS

Prozac does not cause prolactin to be raised. The treatment for a raised prolactin is medication such as Parlodel.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2005/01/13

I had milk in my breasts when I fell pregnant earlier last year. The doctor said that it may be difficult to fall pregnant as my prolactin levels are probably high. Didn't effect me though!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Jordon | 2005/01/13

Hi there,

My doc put me on Dostinex to lower my levels. It is a bit pricey, but it worked like a charm!!!

Reply to Jordon
Posted by: sam | 2005/01/13

you need to take medication to lower your prolactin levels before trying to fall pregnant. also speak to your gynae about faling pregnant on prozac....

Reply to sam
Posted by: Rory | 2005/01/12

HI Wande
Yes a raised prolactin level can affect your fertility. According to my gynae, it affects your ovulation and egg quality. There is medication that you can take to retore your prolactin levels to the normal range. I'm taking something called Norprolac - but you will need to discuss this with your gynae.

Take care

Reply to Rory