Question
Posted by: VM | 2005/11/28

Ideas for my birthday

Hi everyone,

My bday is around the corner and I am so down, I dont even want to celebrate. Everyone is asking me what I am doing for my birthday. I have three sets of family to invite (thats just close family - my parents are divorced, and my bf family) and then my friends.

I would live to take everyone out for dinner or somehting, but there are just to many people, and the groups are just so diverse.

Any ideas?

I'm no entertainment expert, but anyway, DO have a very happy birthday -- THAT is the priority

3
Posted by: VM | 2005/11/28

Thanks guys. My bf and I have a one bedroomed flat on the third floor! So Chop and Dop is unfortunatly out. I think I might do a cheese and wine with snacks. But family alone is 7, then us 2, that means I have space for 3 friends. Ah well, I am sure I will think of something.

That number is excluding my dad and his wife and my aunt and uncle from that side, think I will do something at his house the following w.end. I have left it so late! My birthday is on Saturday

Reply to VM
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/11/28

Don't worry too much - everyone feels down around their birthday. And the pressure to DO SOMETHING is the worst. If you have the space - invite them over for a braai - bring a chop & dop do. You supply the salads and a few bottles of shooters (all ages mingle with a tot or two of Sambucca running through their veins).

At the end of the day - its YOUR day. And if the pressure to have something becomes too great - tell everyone that you will be just having a quiet dinner with your partner.
HAppy b-day for then.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/28

we kind of have two functions for most birthdays... on the actual bday it's just closest friends and/or family that all go to dinner... and then on the weekend that follows we have a braai or snacks and anyone who wants to can attend.... the different groups generally stick to themselves... so the differences are seldom a problem... it generally works quite well that way.. never had a problem of anyone feeling left out... or not attending the next birthday function due to not liking others... it's one of those good times where you can have all those people you care about together in one place....... i love my birthday for that reason!

Reply to ...