Question
Posted by: Dina | 2007/06/08

Ideal weight

I'm 1.61m tall and weight 66kg. Please could you help me decide what my ideal weight should be. I'm 46 and have been through menopause. I go to gym five times a week and eat very sensibly and have come down from 74kg's over the past seven months.

Dear Dina
Congratulations for losing 8 kg in such a sensible way - you are a ***star***. At present you BMI = 25,4 which is just above the normal range (18-25). For an ideal BMI of 22, you would need to weigh 57 kg, so stick to your sensible diet and the gym so that you continue to lose weight slowly and permanently.