Question
Posted by: Liddo | 2007/03/25

IDEAL WEIGHT

i just want 2 know my ideal weight. im 36 years old, 1.56m tall, i weigh 65kg and im pear-shaped. i really would like to loose some weight but i dont know how much.

HI Liddo

Ideal weight is a controversial one, never easy to pin down to a signel figure. The best we have is a BMI, where we can work out the ideal RANGE for your body weight, given your height. In your case, your current weight of 65 gives you a BMI of 26.7. The ideal range is between 20 and 25, and so your ideal weight is probably about 60 kg, or thereabouts. Trying to narrow it down to a figure like 58.5 kg is a pointless and futile exercise. So let's aim for 60 kg, which is probably a realistic goal. That means losing 5 kg, which is a nice mid-term goal and it's realistic. So I would say that you should set a time line of about 3 months, and aim to get down to 60 kg. This will require you to get in regular exercise, particularly cardio training. If you need a programme, I would say you need to check out hte Fitness page of this site, and then click on Programmes. Choose any of the cardio training programmes. It is also absolutely vital that your diet is optimal. If not, then you can exercise all day and achieve nothing, so I would also suggest that you see a dietician and get onto a well thought out eating plan - remember that just eating less is not always the way to go.

Ross

1
Posted by: Pudish | 2015/01/23

i also want 2 know my ideal weight. i'm 35 years old, 1.56m tall, i weigh 85kg, I really feel like losing weight im always tired.

Reply to Pudish