Question
Posted by: UMA | 2004/11/14

Ideal "waiting time" before your new pregnancy.

Hi Doc,
I discovered from your previous answer that the minimum time after caesarian to the next conception should be 4-6months which really suprised me as after my 1st caesarian mydoctors adviced me at leat 1 year, ideally 2. Does it mean if you leave it for longer it will be better in terms of risks involved during caesarian.
Thanks.

The caesarean scar is healed by 6 weeks to 3 months and the pregnancy changes are back to normal by this time. Unless you have had previous miscarriages, there is no advantage to waiting longer than this before trying for the next pregnancy.