Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2004/01/18

Ideal FAT PERCENTAGE for a woman?

If I'm 1.68, weight between 51 - 53, age 26, female and my body fat percentage is 21%, how much fat in kilograms would I have to loose to have a fat percentage of 19%. I don't want to loose weight, in fact I'm doing strength training to gain muscle so I will probably pick up. What is the IDEA fat percentage for a women that exercises and is in shape?

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Nikki,

For ladies Average Body Fat is 20 to 25% whereas Ideal Body Fat is 15 to 20%. The reasons for higher fat % in women is primarily as a result of the reproductive functions in ladies.

You are following the correct approach and let me know how it goes.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist