Question
Posted by: Nellie | 2008/07/14

Ideal Combination for potassium, calsium

I have been active for many years. I am in menopause and 59. Lately I got thigh splints and cannot do my regular walks, I experience pain in the tighs even after a 9 weeks rest. Is there perhaps a shortage of electrolites/potassium/calcium in my muscles? - I do not take any HRT.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Nellie
The muscle cramps can also be part of your menopausal symptoms, but I suggest you see your GP or orthopaedic surgeon or someone who specialises in sports medicine- I have no idea why you still have pain.
Regarding a calcium shortage- you need to take in about 1000mg of calcium a day to help protect the bones against osteoporosis.