Question
Posted by: Deady Long Legs. | 2007/04/12

Iching and burning.

Hallo.

I have a condition. My upper legs (from the knee up to the groin) is more or less dead. This has been the case for years now. Now, for the past three or four weeks, I've been getting a itching and burning sensation on a patch just above my right knee, on the side and front of my leg, stretching about 20 - 30 cm's up. It itches like crazy while at the same time burning like mad, and the patch feels extra 'dead' meaning dead to the touch and I really have to dig in to make the iching stop. I am obese (oh, I hate that word!) if that helps.

What on earth can this be?

Thanks.

Dear Deady Long Legs
This sounds like the nerves pinching in your back - L3 to be precise - have you had an x/ray of your back lately? You may have a disc prolaps or protruding there - let your GP have a look?