Question
Posted by: E | 2008/01/11

IC, Cystitis and Cystitis Cystica

Morning Doc,

I have been diagnosed with Cystitis Cystica. Now I found a lot on the internet about Interstitial Cystitis and normal Cystitis, but not much on Cystitis Cystica.

I know that normal Cystitis is curable or treatable, but Interstitial Cystitis is not. So what about Cystitis Cystica?

Thank you,
E

Dear E

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

In cystitis cystica, the center of the nest of urothelium undergoes liquefaction to produce cystic swellings. Cystitis cystica is also present in 60% of normal bladders. It should be distinguished from cystitis follicularis, a non-cancerous response to chronic bacterial infection. During cystoscopy it appears as punctate yellow submucosal (lining of the bladder) nodules, which have been given the descriptive name bacteriuric bumps. Overall none of the above mentioned conditions are cancerous. Cystitis cystica, increases your changes for cystic/bladder infections.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: Pheelo | 2009/03/30

what is Cystitis the meaning and the pictures

Reply to Pheelo
Posted by: CHARMAINE | 2008/07/16

I NEED AS MUCH POSSIBLE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ABOVE SUBJECT. I'M USING A PRODUCT CALLED CYSTEMME FROM TIME TO TIME. IT IS VERY EMBARRASING FOR ME I CAN NOT EVEN DRINK REAL FRUIT JUICE ANYMORE -THE ACID IN THE JUICE CAUSES BLADDER IN FECTION. I HAD A HISTORECTOMY 7 YEARS AGO AND AFTER THAT MY PROBLEMS WITH MY BLADDER STARTED. I DRINK A LOT OF WATER DURING THE DAY, BUT IT DOES NOT STOP THE INFECTION COMING BACK FROM TIME TO TIME. I GET THE BLADDER INFECTION ONCE EVERY 2ND MONTH(ROUND ABOUT) I CAN'T WALK BAREFEET OR SIT ON CEMENT THEN I HAVE IT.I AM 40 YEARS OLD.I ALSO USE NRF CRANBERRY AS A PREVENTATIVE MEASURE.PLSE GIVE ME SOME MORE ADVICE !

Reply to CHARMAINE