Question
Posted by: kathy | 2007/06/07

I.B.S syndrome

I am a mother of a 10 year girl and she get trible cramps we as her parents think it is Irritable bowl syndrome.

Could you please help me

Kathy

Dear kathy
See this article: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibschildren/index.htm
I think other possible problems should first be excluded. Serious causes of pain will usually be associated with vomiting, diarrhea and/or fever, but not always. Pain that is sharp, comes on suddenly, and/or causes your child to bend over, draw up his/her knees and/or interferes with walking is something you need to have evaluated by the doctor as soon as possible. Stress in children can also cause severe stomach cramping.
I suggest you get an appointment for her with a gastro-enterologist - see easyinfo.co.za under medical for one near you.